Systems Alliance, a digital and IT consulting firm that helps clients build, assess and optimize online properties, today announced it will host a webinar entitled “Elements of Effective Web Design,” from 1-1:45 pm ET, Tuesday, May 21, 2013.
Site visitor perceptions of your website are largely dependent on visual design. The effectiveness of your design drives the impact of your digital branding and marketing activities. Successful websites provide site visitors with positive and dynamic experiences that are usable, accessible, relevant, and memorable. A website can be expertly architected, but if the color, size, and layout of navigational elements are not carefully considered, users may not understand what actions to take. Content can be beautifully crafted for the web, but without strong typography and appropriate contrast, visitors may not stick around to read it.
In this webinar, non-designers will learn to recognize the elements of web design (such as brand, layout & space, hierarchy, typography, imagery, and color & contrast) as well as how to test to see if a website’s visual design is effective.
Jeanne Ivy, senior user experience architect and designer with Systems Alliance will lead the session and focus on the following high level topics:
- Understanding why visual design is a critical aspect of user experience
- Leveraging brand identity through all aspects of a website
- Recognizing effective visual design elements
- Conducting visual design user testing
- What: Elements of Effective Web Design
- When: 1 – 1:45 pm ET, Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Online registration: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/599422120
- Cost: The webinar is free
Who should attend: the presentation is geared toward non-designers. Web, marketing, communications, strategy, and development professionals are all welcome and encouraged to participate.