Systems Alliance, a Web and IT consulting firm that helps clients build, assess and optimize online properties, today announced it will host a webinar entitled “Responsive Web Design: Building Your Site for the Optimal Mobile Experience” from 1-2 pm ET, Wednesday, May 9, 2012 and Thursday, May 10, 2012.
The explosion in mobile devices of varying types is driving the development of Responsive Web Design (RWD), as the Web shifts away from desktops and laptops to tablets, smartphones and a variety of other devices. RWD enables designers and Web developers to build websites that automatically adapt to the resolution of site visitor screens, optimizing the consumption of high value content. A single fluid layout eliminates the need for separate mobile sites or templates.
In this webinar, Joe Giuffrida and Teddy Karambelas, Web Developers with Systems Alliance will discuss how to make your website “future friendly” by reviewing the steps for creating an effective and responsive website.
The webinar will cover the following high-level topics:
- An overview of responsive web design and why it matters
- Using relative font sizes and fluid layouts to allow designs to display properly on multiple resolutions
- Implementing media queries to change layout components to allow for a better experience based on display size
- Other considerations to take into account as you create your new responsive site
- What: Responsive Web Design: Building Your Site for the Optimal Mobile Experience
- When: 1 – 2 pm ET, Wednesday, May 9, 2012 & 1 – 2 pm ET, Thursday, May 10, 2012
- Online registration: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/394887249
- Cost: The webinar is free
- Who should attend: web designers and front-end developers